PAUL SIMON - THE SOUND OF SILENCE

Play the song and follow the lyrics...


PAUL SIMON - THE SOUND OF SILENCE

PAUL SIMON - THE SOUND OF SILENCE

Gap-fill exercise

Fill in all the gaps, then press "Check" to check your answers. Use the "Hint" button to get a free letter if an answer is giving you trouble. You can also click on the "[?]" button to get a clue. Note that you will lose points if you ask for hints or clues!
   echoed      hearing      its      light      said      softly      stabbed      subway      that      turned      walked      whispered   
Hello darkness, my old friend
I've come to talk with you again
Because a vision creeping
Left its seeds while I was sleeping
And the vision was planted in my brain
Still remains
Within the sound of silence
In restless dreams I alone
Narrow streets of cobblestone
'Neath the halo of a street lamp
I my collar to the cold and damp
When my eyes were by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence
And in the naked I saw
Ten thousand people, maybe more
People talking without speaking
People without listening
People writing songs that voices never share
And no one dare
Disturb the sound of silence
"Fools" I, "You do not know
Silence like a cancer grows
Hear my words that I might teach you
Take my arms I might reach you"
But my words like silent raindrops fell
And
In the wells of silence
And the people bowed and prayed
To the neon God they made
And the sign flashed warning
In the words that it was forming
And the sign said, "The words of the prophets
Are written on the walls
And tenement halls"
And in the sounds of silence

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Would you like to share your experience with this exercise? Leave your comment here.

Anuncio

Buscar este blog